Stats From The State of Downtown Raleigh 2017, Tourism and Retail

Our final “visit” to the 2017 State of Downtown Raleigh report focuses on visitors and retail. Jump back to this tag to review some of the other things discussed from this year’s report. The above figure shows the top attractions in downtown Raleigh. For years, the NC Museum of Natural Sciences (NCMNS) has been at […]


Stats From The State of Downtown Raleigh 2017, Residents

Taking a look at more stats from the 2017 State of Downtown Raleigh report, there are a few that cover the residential trends in the area. The graphic above offers some highlights including: 8,200 residents now live in downtown Raleigh Average asking rent is $1425/month in downtown Average asking rent is $1265/month within 2 miles […]


Stats From The State of Downtown Raleigh 2017, Employment

This one I look for every year. I’m interested to see how the makeup of downtown office workers are changing, if at all. For decades (centuries?), downtown Raleigh has been a government town. In the 2015 report, government workers made up more than half of the downtown workforce. In the 2016 report, the needle moved […]


Stats From The State of Downtown Raleigh 2017, Developments

Released in April, I’ve finally gotten around to diving into the 2017 State of Downtown Raleigh report for the latest figures and fancy graphs of downtown activity. I’ll spread these out over the next few weeks and share what I think are some of the more interesting and thought-provoking stats. I’ll start things off with […]


2016 Downtown Raleigh Population Numbers

Here is some more data from the 2016 State of Downtown Raleigh report. This time, about downtown’s population numbers. We’re at an estimated 7,000 residents in the downtown area and projected to cross 10,000 in less than four years. That’s between 1% and 2% of the overall city population, 3% and 4% if you bump […]


What $1.1 Billion Dollars Looks Like

I’m pulling out some interesting factoids from the 2016 State of Downtown Raleigh report. There is over $1.1 billion worth of completed, under construction, or planned developments in downtown Raleigh. What does that look like? Below is the list. I’m proud to say that this blog has hit almost every one of them. I’ll try […]


Weekend Reel: State of Downtown Raleigh 2014

State of Downtown Raleigh 2014 – video link Note: I hope the video works for you as Granicus didn’t have a download option and their embedded video isn’t the greatest out there. In the video above you can watch this year’s State of Downtown Raleigh. There’s a good panel discussion that includes O’Hara Macken from […]


Blog Post Topics