I hope everyone is spending as much time as possible outside before the heat kicks in. This is one of the best times of the year in downtown Raleigh for walking and outdoor eating.
Here’s the latest list of restaurant news.
- Dos Taquitos Xoco is now open in Glenwood South. Besides sitting outside on the outrageously decorated patio, the booths with the toy train serving chips and salsa are pretty enjoyable.
- Kimbap, a Korean cafe, has opened in Seaboard Station. There is a lot of sustainably grown food served here as well as a very gluten-free friendly menu. The dumplings are excellent!
- They have been open for some time now but Trophy Brewing has been making progress on their new kitchen and outdoor space. Expect that to be open soon.
- The Videri Chocolate Factory in the warehouse district has added a coffee bar.
- Fiction Kitchen has now been open for two or three months and is 100% vegetarian. The tinga tacos are way tasty!
- Cafe de los Muertos is opening a store in The Hue building and should be open late this summer or early fall.
- Another coffee shop, Joule Coffee, is still being worked on in the former Wilmoore Cafe spot. According to the (silent) Twitter account, it’s still planned for a Spring opening so expect it soon.
- This fall, a doughnut shop, Donut Theory, is planning to open in a space near the intersection of Saunders and South Street.
Also, a little bird has told me that the space between Neptune’s Parlour and King’s on Martin Street may be serving food out of the window this weekend. Is The Garland finally going to open? Perhaps we’ll know in a few weeks.
- Summer 2013 Restaurant Roundup (July 24, 2013, 5 Comments)
- Fall 2013 Restaurant Roundup (October 27, 2013, 0 Comments)
- Fall Backwards For The 2012 Fall Restaurant Roundup (October 2, 2012, 1 Comments)