We’re about two weeks into the year now and if you’ve fallen of the “lose weight” resolution train, eats in downtown Raleigh won’t judge. Last fall, we ran through a few new openings. For winter, work continues on some establishments but there are still a few new places for you to explore.
Tyler’s Taproom is probably the biggest recent opening with their Seaboard Station location finally serving brews and food. It was first mentioned on this blog back in June, 2008 so the opening is very much welcomed by Tyler’s fans. If you’ve been to the other locations around the Triangle, you know what to expect here. The large space and outdoor patio should be popular with families and larger parties.
Other downtown Raleigh restaurant happenings:
- The Indian restaurant in Glenwood South, Blue Mango, continues to take shape. My last “window peek” witnessed a finished, modern looking bar, a few scattered tables, and painted walls. A stone host stand was being built in front of the doors so with a little floor work it looks like they could throw a few tables out, stock the bar, and open for business within the next few months. They are also now hiring.
- The London Bridge Pub has now opened on Hargett Street.
- The first ever tenants of the RBC tower are still working behind the shades. Zinda continues it’s work on Fayetteville Street while construction work is clearly visible on the upcoming restaurant Oro along the windows of Martin Street. Oro’s website claims a Spring 2012 opening.
- The pavilion space in City Plaza formerly occupied by Krispy Kreme has a coming soon sign. Fire Wok will set up shop there and a posted menu shows sushi, hibachi, and Chinese eating options.
- Summer 2013 Restaurant Roundup (January 23, 2014, 6 Comments)
- Fall 2014 Restaurant Roundup (February 23, 2017, 6 Comments)
- Fall 2016 Restaurant Roundup (August 8, 2017, 32 Comments)