It’s been a colder winter compared to last year. It only takes rain or the occasional snow to slow things in downtown Raleigh. This season, we have new coffees and a few eats worth trying.
For a complete list of eats, drinks, and coffees in and around downtown, make sure to bookmark the DT Eats page. Try something new.
- Let’s first get the good news out the way. (*sarcasm) A Subway is opening in the Wells Fargo tower almost directly across from the Salisbury Street location. I haven’t yet asked if this is just a move or an entirely new restaurant. If anyone knows, please share.
- Garland has now opened their restaurant space. This now completes the triple threat at 14 West Martin Street with Neptunes Parlour in the basement and King’s Barcade upstairs.
- The Station opened in late Fall and has all winter to get things worked out before the Spring. With a fantastic outdoor patio, this place is sure to be busy when the temperatures rise.
- Café de los Muertos, pictured above, is now open in The Hue. They did a really nice job with the space offering an upstairs “nook” for hanging out. In the warmer months, the garage door-style window will really make the place open up.
- Oak City Meatball Shoppe has opened in the Red Hat tower along Davie Street. In addition to servings tasty balls, the shoppe also has a decent drink list and currently stays open late after serving dinner. Plans for lunch hours are upcoming.
- Work continues at the Person Street Bar and you can follow their progress on their Facebook page.
- Wine Authorities has now opened in the Person Street Plaza. This is their second location in the triangle, their first being in Durham.
- Speaking of wine, The Wine Feed has moved from their space in the Carter Building to a full shop in the Hampton Inn space along Glenwood Avenue. The new store offers wine fans longer hours and you can drink wine at their new bar.
- Plates is now open in the former Zely and Ritz space in Glenwood South.
- After a nice makeover, Gringo a go-go is now open in the building at the corner of Edenton and Person Streets. Get your taco fill!
- Napper Tandy’s has moved out of their space near Powerhouse Plaza and into the former Murphy’s Law space, next to Dos Taquitos Xoco, in Glenwood South.
- Amra’s in Glenwood South has closed but is only changing management and will re-open very soon.
- Mentioned on the blog last month, there are plans for a beer garden at 614 Glenwood Avenue. Hopefully we’ll see movement on this in the Spring or Summer.
- A new bottle shop is planned for Glenwood South. A sign, pictured above, for North Street Beer Station has popped up at the space between Clockwork and The Rockford along West North Street.
- Staying on beer, Paddy O’Beers has opened in the Alexander Square parking deck retail spaces along Fayetteville Street.
- Next month, The Oakz will open in the former Bogart’s space in the 510 Glenwood building.
- Spring 2014 Restaurant Roundup (April 9, 2014, 10 Comments)
- Summer 2015 Restaurant Roundup (August 2, 2015, 10 Comments)
- Fall Backwards For The 2012 Fall Restaurant Roundup (April 10, 2014, 1 Comments)