This follows up the “Winter Restaurant Wave” written about 7 months ago. Here is, I hope, a complete list of new openings in downtown. Fill in the blanks for me and let’s get them all.
- Champa Cafe opened about 3 months ago and is serving lunch, Mon-Fri from 11-6. They are located at the corner of Salisbury and Martin St.
- 101 Café and Lounge is open in Palladium Plaza and is open everyday with different hours. They are at the corner of Blount and Davie St.
- Martin St. Pizza could be open now but if not, then very very soon. Readers of RalCon should know how I feel about a pizza place and this might just satisfy.
- Peace China has now opened in Seaboard Station. The best part about them are their hours as they are open from 11am-10pm every day.
- Cody’s has now been renamed to Thaiphoon. Need help on this one as I’m not sure if there is new management or what.
- Waraji’s downtown location still has not opened and does not look close. However, it is moving along and they will be at the corner of Salisbury and Hargett St.
- Solas is close to opening and rumor has it they will be up and running this summer.
- Tobacco Road Sports Café is brought to us from the guys behind Amra’s and have landed space in the 222 Glenwood building. I recommend you follow their blog and give them feedback as they are trying to gain ideas from the community.
- The upscale Neomonde restaurant has been quiet at the corner of Hargett and Wilmington St. lately. It sort of looks like there is activity here but there is nothing to really get excited about just yet.
- Tyler’s Taproom will create a location at Seaboard Station between Peace China and Ace Hardware.
- Boylan Bridge Brewpub continues work as we all wait patiently.
- The Marriott Hotel’s early opening in July may present a new retail option to all of us. According to the site plan, there is a space for a “coffee shop” and “restaurant” right on Fayetteville St. No news yet on what may be in these two spaces.
Lots of retail space on the ground floor of 222 Glenwood