Almost six months after the demolition of the old NC DOT building on McDowell St., work on the Green Square project is finally getting started. It is nothing exciting yet but it is better then a pile of dirt or a huge, vacant hole in the ground (should I give examples?). Behind a long green
monster wall, it looks like foundation work is taking place at the moment.
For a recap on the project and a view of the old buildings that were here, this post is a must read.
When completed Green Square will consist of:
• Headquarters for the NC Department of Environment and Natural Resources
• The Nature Research Center, an expansion of the NC Museum of Natural Sciences
• Visitor and employee parking deck
• Retail store and restaurant
Any artists in the audience want to tag up the green wall? Something like this maybe?
- EnviroCon: Green Square Project Moving Forward | November 10, 2021
- Downtown Raleigh Construction Projects To Watch In 2011 | November 10, 2021
- First Green Square Skyway Under Construction | July 18, 2022
Comments are disabled here. That's because we're all hanging out on the DTRaleigh Community, an online forum for passionate fans of the Oak City.