It’s a little early for the springtime tease around here but I’m alright with it. The warmer days have been bringing people out and last weekend was phenomenal for the sidewalk activity in downtown Raleigh. It was lively and so were the outdoor seating at downtown’s restaurants.
I feel like the restaurant news comes in waves so let’s list off some of the newer developments since the last roundup.
- Cherry Bomb Grill is not closing. Its undergoing some changes as well as a name change.
- RBC Plaza will get its first business in the ground floor retail spaces. According to Sue Stock at the N&O it will be a pan Asian restaurant.
- There is a great piece on Ashley Christensen by the N&O’s Andrea Weigl that mentions plans for the space at the corner of Wilmington and Martin. (pictured above) Two restaurants and a basement bar are planned here.
- Bogart’s in Glenwood South will close up shop after this Sunday, Feb. 27th.
- Not so new but a Mediterranean restaurant called The Artisan has opened up where Sauced Pizza was in Glenwood South.
And according to this tweet below, a pie shop is opening up soon on Person Street.