I really think that the new restaurant talk in the news and around town comes in waves. Maybe it’s a seasonal thing. Or I only think about it four, convenient times a year. Anyway, an update each season seems appropriate so let’s run through the new and upcoming in downtown Raleigh eats.
- Tyler’s Taproom is under construction in Seaboard Station. The photo above shows that they have removed the trash bins from the front and are building, what is most likely, an outdoor patio. The new drywall inside needs paint to match the large beer logos on the brick walls. The restaurant will be big, filling the front to back space of the Seaboard Station building along Seaboard Avenue.
- Calavera has now opened at the corner of Blount and Davie Streets.
- The Indian restaurant, Blue Mango, is still being worked on in the 222 building on Glenwood Avenue. As I walked by I saw plates being unboxed so perhaps they can open this fall as their website states.
- Right next door, Tutti Frutti will start serving frozen yogurt on November 2nd according to a sign posted on the door.
- And next to that, the Mediterranean food shop, Zaky, looks like it could open soon too.
- Volcano Cafe and Lounge is open at 108 East Hargett Street.
- Next door to that is a “Coming soon” sign for a new pub called London Bridge
- Zinda, the pan-asian restaurant from Eschelon Hospitality was mentioned in a great article over at the N&O; Eschelon bucks restaurant trend.
Steel is put in for the second floor of the upcoming restaurant Zinda. (via @zindaraleigh on Twitter)
- Mantra, an Indian restaurant on West Street, is now open.
- A spanish style tapas restaurant called Oro will open in one of the ground floor spaces at RBC Plaza on the corner of Wilmington and Martin Street.
- Fall Backwards For The 2012 Fall Restaurant Roundup (October 2, 2012, 1 Comments)
- Winter 2012 Restaurant Roundup (February 10, 2013, 4 Comments)
- Winter 2013 Restaurant Roundup (March 4, 2013, 2 Comments)