Happy New Year readers!
In an attempt to test, or fuel, your commitment to any eating related resolutions in 2013, I’m dropping the restaurant roundup this week. The DT Eats list keeps growing as it’s constantly updated.
- Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar is now open in the newly renovated retail spaces along Seaboard Avenue.
- Within the same spaces at Seaboard Station, work appears to be continuing on a new coffee shop, Blend and Grind. However, it’s been awhile and their Facebook page is very quiet.
- Dos Taquitos Xoco, pronounced similar to “Show-Co”, is a new Mexican restaurant in Glenwood South and will open very soon. Check out a picture of the bar below from their Twitter.
- The renovation work on one of the houses at the northern end of Glenwood South has finished and View Bar is now open.
- On the same 600 block of Glenwood, another house renovation project is done and Cornerstone Tavern is now open. Make plans to hit this one up in the Spring as the outdoor seating is plentiful.
- Krave, located in the 510 building in Glenwood South, is getting a remake and is now called Myst.
- Bolt Bistro and Bar is now open on Fayetteville Street in the space formerly occupied by The Mint.
- Fiction Kitchen, a 100% vegetarian restaurant on Dawson Street, will open very soon.
- The Royal James Lounge joins the cluster of bars on the 100 block of East Hargett Street and is now open.
- A new bar, with an 80′s theme, had a New Year’s Eve opening on the 200 block of Fayetteville Street. Coglin’s is run by the guys behind Isaac Hunter’s Oak City Tavern.
- The Warhol, a new LGBT friendly bar has opened in The Dawson’s retail space right next to The Borough.
- The Port City Java previously located at the corner of Fayetteville and Martin Street is now a Subway.
- Fall Backwards For The 2012 Fall Restaurant Roundup (October 2, 2012, 1 Comments)
- Spring 2013 Restaurant Roundup (May 15, 2013, 3 Comments)
- Summer 2013 Restaurant Roundup (January 23, 2014, 5 Comments)