The 261 apartments at 425 Boylan Avenue have really taken shape after a year’s worth of construction. Plans according to the developer’s website state that the project will be completed in the Fall of 2014.
Just a recap of this upcoming apartment building for the Glenwood South district:
- 261 apartments across 8 stories.
- 11,000 square-feet of retail and office space.
- LEED silver certification.
An interesting thought that I may queue up for another post is to talk about the walkability between Glenwood South and Cameron Village. 425 Boylan and the other apartments located on the western half of Glenwood South create a dramatic increase in density that walking to Cameron Village should be simple.
From 425 Boylan to the Cameron Village library is a 0.7 mile walk. However, will residents overcome this more barren walk between those two points? Compared to a more interesting 0.7 mile walk, like Glenwood Avenue from Peace to Hillsborough or the CBD from the Nature Research Center to the end of Fayetteville Street, the lack of urbanity between the two destinations may not promote walking as much.
That or horrendous parking at a location may force walking to the forefront.
- Demolition Underway For 400 Glenwood South Apartments | January 16, 2014
- Pic of the Week | November 19, 2012
- Crash of the Resident Wave, Scaffolding is Down at The Devon (4/10) | June 20, 2014