From my e-mail directly to you, take note of this upcoming meeting on the Capital Boulevard Corridor Study.
Where: Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts in the Meymandi Concert Hall and Lobby
When: September 29, 2011, 6:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Capital Blvd Corridor Study via RaleighNC.gov
Raleigh residents are encouraged to attend the Capital Boulevard Corridor Study open house and public comment opportunity on September 29 at Meymandi Concert Hall. The open house is a chance for residents to hear plans and options for one of Raleigh’s main thoroughfares.
The corridor study will look at options regarding the roadway, transit and high speed rail, bicycle and pedestrian needs, greenways, stream restoration, and economic development along Capital Boulevard. Representatives from the North Carolina Department of Transportation will be on hand to discuss the replacements of the Peace Street and Wade Avenue bridges. Residents are invited to make comments and ask questions about the corridor plan.
The meeting will be an open house format held in collaboration with NCDOT. Displays will include:
- The City: vision options for the corridor including roadways; transit and high-speed rail; bicycle/pedestrian; greenway and stream restoration; and economic development
- NCDOT: bridge replacement plans at Peace Street and Wade Avenue for public comment
- Triangle Transit: rail alternatives under recent discussion
- Southeast High Speed Rail (SEHSR) plans under development
- Bridge Replacement Projects On Capital Blvd | November 10, 2021
- NCSU Landscape Architects Show Off Vision For Capital Blvd on First Friday | December 1, 2011
- What Is The Future of Capital Boulevard? | November 10, 2021