View from the Boylan Avenue Bridge, May 2017.
With The Dillon starting to creep higher, it’s time to check in on the view from the Boylan Avenue Bridge. Click above for a larger, high-res panorama from the bridge taken this Memorial Day weekend.
Things to note:
- Union Station in the foreground
- The Dillon will dominate this view in the coming years, a given due its location
- The Residence Inn sort of bookends the view on the right
- A lot of earth has been moved, clearing out the shrubs around the tracks in this area. It used to look like this and going farther back, this.
- I am pretty sure new tracks will be added to the ones on the right of the photo, leading to the platforms of Union Station.
Raleigh Skyline from the Boylan Bridge March 2013
The latest skyline shot from the Boylan Bridge. The soon to open Wake County Justice Center is adding some nice light with its fins along the upper crown of the building.
What do we need to do to get Two Hannover to turn on their lights during dusk these days?
Here are a few more slightly older photos from this angle.
For a quick refresher on the 2011 Supermoon, click here.
So the Justice Center doesn’t look like it’s adding much to the skyline from this angle. In the 2009 photo, the space looks already filled with the county courthouse. However, you can still see the Lawyer’s building that once stood on Salisbury Street and now the Justice Center occupies that space today.