Last year, the city museum on Fayetteville Street went through a few changes. The Raleigh City Museum is now the City of Raleigh Museum, with a whole new ‘COR’ branding scheme. They are in the process of upgrading and this weekend, the folks behind the COR Museum are having a fundraiser, not just to help pay for future additions but to also celebrate the 20 year anniversary.
If you can make it, it sounds like a great event.
Date/Time: Sat., June 1 2013 from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
220 Fayetteville Street
Raleigh, NC 27601
From the press release:
The Museum will unveil plans for its new space and programs at Time Warp. Museum staff look forward to inviting the community into an updated space for guided tours, student engagement and private and public events. Last year, over 22,000 people visited the museum or participated in its programs. To continue the effort of engaging the community with Raleigh’s past, present and future, the Museum plans to
- Install new interactive physical and digital exhibits over the next two years.
- Enhance programming and events for public and community participation including an updated Raleigh Timeline, First Friday features, smart phone scavenger hunts and guided walking tours of the city.
- And expand engagement into schools through new elementary and high school educational programs.
- Time Warp 2016 Rolls Back to the 1950s at the COR Museum | November 10, 2021
- City of Raleigh Museum’s Time Warp is on April 21 | November 10, 2021
- Brewgaloo and Time Warp Take Over Downtown Raleigh This Saturday | November 10, 2021
Comments are disabled here. That's because we're all hanging out on the DTRaleigh Community, an online forum for passionate fans of the Oak City.