This Thursday, March 5 at 6:30-7:30 pm, there will be a public meeting showing the Capital Area Metropolitan Planning Organization’s transit proposal through 2035. The meeting is at city hall, which is at 222 W. Hargett St. for the clueless.
Click here to view the entire CAMPO plan (pdf) or visit CAMPO’s website.
To sum up the plan, the proposal will involve:
- Doubling of bus service throughout the county, including express service to several towns beyond Raleigh.
- Light rail from NW Cary through West Raleigh, NCSU, downtown Raleigh and up to Triangle Town Center
For those freaking out over the snow in the area, remember that light rail can still get you around if Raleigh reaches gridlock status.
- Municipography, Wake County Transit Plan | August 16, 2012
- Transit Related Events and Links You Need To Know About | August 16, 2012
- Transit, Commuter Rail, and More, We Dive Into The Docs | April 27, 2013