This list is always popular so here is a new one for you to glance over. We have always talked about the new restaurants and bars that have opened or are planning to open in the coming months. This time, it is important to notice that a list of recent closings can be made. Has the bar been raised in downtown Raleigh and heavy competition forced American Pita to close? Is the slowing economy to blame for shutting down the always empty Fayetteville St. Tavern? Was it European Wine and Espresso Cafe’s boring name that drove people away? I’m sure it was a combination of things but here is a list of new, opening soon, and closed restaurants in downtown Raleigh. Let us know what you’ve tried, miss having, and are looking forward to.
- American Pita Grill
- Joe’s place (N&O article)
- Enoteca Vin
- European Wine and Espresso Cafe
- Fayetteville Street Tavern
- Champa Thai
- Hard Times Cafe
- Gravy – Bella Monica and Empire Properties collaboration restaurant in the old Riviera space.
- Natty Greene’s Pub & Brewery (based out of Greensboro)
- Noir – Bar and lounge on Glenwood South.
- Edelweiss Cafe – German cuisine.
Noir is opening next to Solas. The now hiring sign claims it will open in the summer of this year.