The design phases of the Raleigh Union Station project continue on and there has been no shortage of opportunities for citizens to provide feedback to the design team. On June 26, there will be another opportunity to see the latest sketches and concepts of Raleigh’s newest train station. The design team at Clearscapes is due to deliver a 25% concept in July 2013.
For those that need to catch up, my last Union Station post covered some of the content shown at the May workshop.
Date/Time: Wed., June 26 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Contemporary Art Museum
409 West Martin Street
Raleigh, NC 27603
Some recent twists to the project have been news about loss of funding. Here are relevant N&O articles.
- Raleigh train hub loses $15.1M to Charlotte rail line
- Tata says NCDOT is committed to Union Station project
In my opinion, this could be just a hiccup in the project as is most likely common in something involving so many different parties. We’ll hold speculation for later.
- Raleigh Union Station Public Workshop, March 6 | November 10, 2021
- Union Station Fully Funded, Could Be Open In 2016 | November 10, 2021
- Union Station December 2015 Update | November 10, 2021
Comments are disabled here. That's because we're all hanging out on the DTRaleigh Community, an online forum for passionate fans of the Oak City.